Xcel Energy Inc. is a service company that supplies electricity and natural gas in Minneapolis, Minnesota. It is comprised of four operating subsidiaries under the chairmanship of Ben Fowke. It was formed by the merger of three power supplying companies: Northern States Power Company in Minneapolis, Public Service Company of Colorado, and Southwestern Public Service based in Amarillo.
A fire mishap in 2007 at the company’s Hydropower plant in Georgetown, Colorado led to Xcel Energy getting charged with the responsibility of five deaths of RPI workers. The jury ruled in their favor. RPI Coating took the blame five years later pleading guilty of their employees’ deaths and three injuries.
Excel energy harnesses its power from coal, hydro, wind, nuclear and biomass. It sells electricity through a transmission system on both wholesale and retail. Through its programs, it promotes the use of renewable energy like wind and solar. It also advocates for energy efficiency.
Xcel Customer Care Information
For inquiries, fill in the ‘contact us form.’ Their response is within 24 hours, but it could take up to 5-7 business days during the busy months of May-September. For immediate help, call 1-800-895-4999. Available 24 hours, seven days toll-free number. In the case of an electric outage, fill a ‘Report an electrical outage’ form or call 1-800-895-1999. It is a 24 hours phone line, available seven days and it is toll-free.
If a gas leak is suspected, you are required to move to a safe distance and dial the emergency number 911 available24 hours, seven days. There is no cost involved. Dial 1-800-895-2999 for urgent reporting. The telephone number offers 24 hours; seven days support toll-free number.
The following website URLs are useful in getting assistance from Excel Energy:
- This is the Xcel Energy homepage. It has direct links to My Account, Outages, Start, Stop, Transfer, and Careers.
- Energy Customer Support is where you go to in case of gas emergencies such as suspected leaks and outages.
- Visit this page when you need to contact the company for assistance in any area of their operation.
- TO access your personal account, visit this link.
- Secure billings and payments get done here.
- This page offers residential customer support. It answers questions on how to pay bills, the rates, what to do when having trouble with your account, and whether one can pay through credit cards or not.
- This page explains how one can start Xcel Energy service, stopping by closing account, and ending billings, or transferring service from one point to another.
- Frequently asked questions about starting, terminating or transfering a contract:
Xcel Energy mailing addresses are:
414 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Account Related Requests or Questions:
P.O. Box 8
Eau Claire, WI 54702-0008
Send Your Payment:
P.O. Box 9477
Minneapolis, MN 55484-9477
While email communications can be sent to: CustomerService@exelenergy.com.
Lastly, make sure to stay up to date by following Xcel Energy on the main social media platforms: