International House of Pancakes, later marketed as IHOP, was founded in 1958 by Jerry Lapin, Al Lapin, and Albert Kallis. IHOP is a casual dining chain that specializes in breakfast foods, including pancakes, French toast, egg dishes, and crepes.
The first IHOP restaurant was opened in Los Angeles, California, across from the oldest remaining Bob’s Big Boy location. One of the restaurant’s goals was to keep a full pot of coffee on the table at all times. Today, the company serves up approximately 700 million pancakes per year and often features coffee in its social media posts.
Ninety-nine percent of IHOP’s restaurants are independent franchises. The company operates worldwide with 1,650 locations in all 50 states, Canada, Guatemala, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Kuwait, among many others. Many locations are open 24/7 and also provide lunch and dinner options.
In 2007, IHOP purchased the Applebee’s chain for approximately $3.1 billion, intending to re-market the brand and franchise most of its locations. After the successful buyout, IHOP became a subsidiary of DineEquity, Inc.
IHOP Customer Service Information
IHOP offers several methods of receiving customer service. You can reach IHOP’s Guest Relations representatives by calling (866) 444-5144 Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. CDT. IHOP’s website also features a Contact Us form for questions and comments.
Visit these webpages for IHOP Customer Service:
- Here you’ll find an easy-to-use contact form, where you can send questions and comments directly to the Guest Relations department. Be sure to have the time of your visit and location handy when filling out the form.
- IHOP’s Frequently Asked Questions page offers answers to common inquiries.
- Find information about IHOP locations and hours by browsing this page.
- IHOP’s full menu and nutrition information can be found in this PDF.
- Consumers with food allergies may wish to consult this allergen chart, with outlines ingredients found in IHOP’s menu items.
- Find a restaurant near you by following this link.
IHOP Mailing Address is:
450 North Brand Boulevard
Glendale, CA 91203
IHOP has a robust social media presence. You can follow IHOP on Twitter, “Like” IHOP on Facebook, or follow the company’s photos on Instagram. The company also operates a Snapchat account (search for IHOP using the Snapchat app on your mobile device) and posts regular content to YouTube.