The Home Depot was founded in 1978 by Bernie Marcus and Arthur Blank who sought to create a one-stop-shop for the do-it-yourself aficionado. The first two Home Depot stores were opened in Atlanta, Georgia in 1979. The company today has more than 2,200 stores in North America, making it the largest home improvement retailer in the world.
In addition to the company’s characteristic warehouse stores it also offers more than one million products online as well as well as professional contractors and the largest installation business in the home improvement industry.
Home Depot Customer Care Information
The general help line for The Home Depot’s customer service department is 1-800-HOME-DEPOT (1-800-466-3337). The company also offers direct numbers for help with Home Depot credit cards, government customers, HomeDepot.com, HomeDepot.com major appliances, home services, product calls, gift card purchasing, finding a store, and website feedback. These numbers can be found at the Customer Service Directory link below. The customer service department can also be contacted via email through this link.
Many customer problems can be solved through the customer service section of The Home Depot’s website. Some of these services require a Home Depot customer account and will request that you log in or sign up. The following links provide helpful information relating to a variety of common inquiries:
- Customer Service Directory: The customer service directory lists additional phone numbers for specific areas of The Home Depot’s customer service department.
- Shipping and Delivery Frequently Asked Questions: This is a list of answers to common customer questions regarding the shipping and delivery of ordered items.
- Order Tracking: This section allows you to check on the status of an order you have placed.
- Returns: A thorough outline of the company’s return policy is outlined with instructions for various means of returning purchases.
- Home Depot Account Sign In: Use this link to sign into your existing Home Depot customer account or to create a new account.
- Home Depot Credit Card Center: The Home Depot Credit Center allows you to apply for a new Home Depot credit card, or pay your current bill and manage your card.
- Store Locator: Find the Home Depot store nearest you with the company’s store locator.
The Home Depot‘s corporate mailing address is:
2455 Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta, GA 30339