General Motors is a car designer and manufacturer that formed in 1908. GM’s global headquarters are located in Detroit, Michigan and currently have over 20,000 dealers in 140 different countries. As a company that strives for excellence, the Chevrolet won the 2016 motor trend Car and Truck of the year. The company also designed crash test dummies and currently hold the standard for frontal crash testing. In keeping with their testing facilities, they are also the first North American manufacturer to build a rollover test facility.
Compared to other manufacturers within the United States, General Motors has the most 2016 models with a 5-star rating. They are also well known for their expressed care for the environment. GM is the only automaker to sign a climate declaration to make tackling climate change a priority. The Chevrolet Volt is a 2-time winner of the green car of the year award, and they donate to a number of foundations to give back to the community. The United Way, Habitat for Humanity and Safe Kids are a few of the groups GM supports and aids. The goal is to produce the best cars for their customers, while also giving back through disaster relief efforts, education and community development.
General Motors Customer Care Information
General Motors places great care in delivering care to its customers. To reach the General Motors Corporation directly, from Monday through Friday at 8am to 5pm (EST) call (313) 556-5000.
For questions relating to your car brand, business hours are Monday through Saturday from 8am to 9pm (EST).
- Chevrolet: (800) 222-1020
- Buick: (800) 521-7300
- GMC: (800) 462-8782
- Cadillac: (800) 458-8006
For general concerns, you can call (866) 636-2273 or email them directly at email@example.com.
All written letters can be sent to the following address:
General Motors Company
P.O. BOX 33170
Detroit, MI 48232-5170
The following are websites contain additional information about General Motors:
- Direct Chat – To chat directly with a GM representative. For any questions you may have, while providing quick, real-time responses.
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) – Common questions from customers. Easy to sort through, and a good place to check.
- Owner Assistance Page – where you can select a brand for specific information.
- Dealers and Suppliers – Find global supply chains and potential discounts for when you buy.
- Additional GM Sites – For information about their programs and initiatives.
- Shop Brands – To aid you in building your perfect car, stop accessories and view current offers.
To stay up to date on General Motors through social media, you can follow them on: