FedEx, or Federal Express, is a multi-national delivery service company that is headquartered in the United States. Its air, ground, and sea networks connect more than 220 countries. In 1965, a college student at Yale, Frederick W. Smith, proposed a new system of delivery that would prioritize delivery for time-sensitive packages like medicine. In 1971, Smith purchased a controlling interest in Arkansas Aviation Sales and his revolutionary ideas started to come into fruition. His company was known as Federal Express from 1973 until the year 2000, when its name was shortened to FedEx.
While FedEx became widely-known for its guaranteed overnight shipping service, FedEx was also the first shipping company to create a proprietary package tracking technology, the same tracking technology that most shipping companies still use today. FedEx is divided into different operating segments, including FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Freight, and FedEx Services. In 2013, Forbes rated FedEx as one of the best top 100 companies to work for.
FedEx customer service
At FedEx, customer satisfaction is the number one priority. Helpful customer service representatives are available to take your call at the numbers listed below. Or, access their online help center.
- For customer service regarding packages or envelope express freight, call 1-800-463-3339.
- For customer service regarding billing inquiries, call 1-800-622-1147 or fax 1-800-548-3020.
- For customer service regarding Cargo Claims Inquiries, call 1-800-463-3339 or fax 1-877-229-4766.
- For customer service regarding U.S. FedEx Express Freight Services for large shipments, call 1-800-332-0807.
- For customer service regarding Freight shipments, call 1-866-393-4585.
- For customer service regarding volume services, call 1-888-465-5646.
- To contact the Freight office in Harrison, AR, call 1-870-741-9000.
- For customer service regarding expedited or extra care items, call 1-866-274-6117.
- For customer service regarding White Glove Services, call 1-866-280-1810.
- For customer service regarding FedEx Truckload Brokerage, call 1-888-444-5940.
- To receive assistance with FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, or General Customer Service, call 1-800-463-3339.
- To contact FedEx Trade Networks Customer Contact Center, call 1-800-249-2953 between the hours of 8 am and 8 pm EST or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To receive assistance with My Global Trade Data, call 1-800-889-8723 between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm EST.
- For help with Trade & Customs Advisory Services and WorldTariff, call 1-866-268-7602.
If you would like to email a customer service representative at a specific department at FedEx, visit this page.
If you would like to contact FedEx by mail, write to:
FedEx Customer Relations
3875 Airways, Module H3 Department 4634
Memphis, TN 38116