AirAsia is an airline group that connects customers with cheap flights and tickets to destinations throughout Asia and Australia. They are the winner of Skytrax’s World’s Best Low-Cost Airline for eight years running. AirAsia is headquartered in Malaysia, but its hubs, subsidiaries, and affiliates provide flights to over one hundred destination cities around Asia and the world. It was established in 1993, and has since moved across countries into Thailand, China, and beyond. In 2013, AirAsia committed to investing $50 million in developing operations in India, and had its maiden flight from India in 2014.
The BIG Loyalty Programme allows AirAsia flyers to earn points towards redeeming flights with each flight booking. The airline also offers cargo tracking with an online cargo status search option, car rentals, tickets to international events, online flight check-ins, and travel insurance. Whether flying for business or pleasure, AirAsia aims to make the experience enjoyable and inexpensive. Their website has guides for every step of the international flight process, from baggage to in-flight comfort options.
AirAsia Customer Care Information
If you live in one of the 15 countries listed here, you can contact AirAsia by phone.
- Australia: +61 2 8188 2133. The service is active 9am – 6pm (GMT +10), Monday to Friday
- China: +86 512 8555 7711. The service is active 8am – 9pm (GMT+8), Monday to Sunday
- Hong Kong: +852 3013 5060. The service is active 8am – 9pm (GMT+8), Monday to Sunday
- Indonesia: +62 21 2927 0999. The service is active 6am – 10pm (GMT+7), Monday to Sunday. Alternatively you call +62 804 1333 333.
- India: 1860 500 8000. The service is active Open 24 hours, Monday to Sunday
- Iran: +98 21 2620 0686. The service is active 9am – 5pm (GMT +4.3), Saturday to Wednesday
- Japan: +81 50 6864 8181. The service is active 8am – 5pm (GMT+9), Monday to Friday
- Macau: +853 6262 6352. The service is active 8am – 9pm (GMT+8), Monday to Sunday
- Malaysia: 1600 85 8888. The service is active 9am – 6pm (GMT+8), Monday to Friday
- Mauritius: +230 5869 0015. The service is active 8.30am – 5.30pm (GMT +4), Monday to Friday
- New Zealand: +64 9 887 6920. The service is active 9am – 6pm (GMT+12), Monday to Friday
- Philippines: +632 722 2742. The service is active 7am – 11pm (GMT+8), Monday to Sunday
- South Korea: 050 4092 00525. The service is active 8am – 5pm (GMT +9), Monday to Friday
- Taiwan: +886 2 8793 3532. The service is active 8am – 9pm (GMT+8), Monday to Sunday
- Thailand: +66 2 515 9999. The service is active 8am – 9pm (GMT+7), Monday to Sunday
If you can’t find answers to a question using their extensive, well-organized FAQ guide, AirAsia offers several options for contacting them online. You can tweet @askairasia, send an e-form with feedback about your experience, or use their live chat option for questions about booking. The live chat is available 24/7 for English and Bahasa Malaysia languages. The schedule for other languages is as follows:
- Bahasa Indonesia and Thai – Mon-Fri from 9am – 6pm (GMT+7)
- Tagalog – Mon-Fri from 9am – 6pm (GMT+8)
- Mandarin – Sun-Fri from 9am – 6pm (GMT +8)
You will need your flight carrier code for the live chat option.
- Their online booking guide is available here
- Baggage guidelines is available here
- Here you find the instructions on how to use their web check-in service:
- A description of their types of fares is available here
- Info on Passport and visa guidelines can be found here
- While this is the page where you can make a group booking
Lastly, you can follow @AirAsia on Twitter, the AirAsia Facebook page, and the AirAsia YouTube channel. You can find their mobile app available at the Google Play store, Apple’s App Store, and Microsoft that allows you to search for, book, and manage flights. For fun travel inspiration, check out their Instagram, Pinterest, and “Airasia” Snapchat feeds.