Hotels.com is a website for booking commercial accommodations, including but not limited to hotels, hostels, B&Bs, and apartments. The company was established in the USA in 1991 under the name Hotel Reservations Network. In 2001, the company was inherited by media conglomerate USA Networks Inc (USAi), which had also acquired a controlling interest on Expedia.com. The following year, Hotel Reservations Network was officially changed to Hotels.com.
Today, under the parent company Expedia Inc., Hotels.com operates within 200 countries in 34 languages. Customers make bookings either online or by telephoning a call center that may or may not be toll-free, depending on the whereabouts of the country.
Hotels.com customer care service
Hotels.com provides expansive options for customer services. Customers that are within the USA can call several telephone numbers, which are listed below.
- Main number: 800-246-8357, which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, toll-free. This number will provide a full range of customer service acts, including but not limited to assistance in hotel bookings, account, and refunds.
- Alternative main number: 800-807-7576. Performs the same function as the number mentioned above.
- Customer Service: 888-734-8503, which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, toll-free. Customers can call this number if they have concerns related to customer care.
- Main Headquarter: 214-361-7311, which operates between the hours of 8:30am to 5:30pm (CT), Mondays to Fridays. Standard rates will apply.
The website is an excellent source of customer service help, though it is important to note that Hotels.com may require an existing account and reservation to gain access to certain customer care. Accounts are free and generally easy to set up. Customer service links of interests are provided below.
- FAQs: A list of common questions, with answers attached. Customers can also use an inter-site search function to find an answer most applicable to their concerns. A blue “Contact Us” button is available to the left of the link above. This provides quick access to the email function. There is also an option to chat with an agent online.
- Account Set Up: Customers can create a new account if they do not have an existing one already. Note that this will require an email address.
- Account Sign In: Customers can sign in if they have an existing account with Hotels.com.
- Your Reservations: Direct access to checking on existing reservations. Customers do need to provide a name and either a credit/debit card number or confirmation number.
Hotels.com have no direct email address, but customers can use this link to send an email that will be responded to at the company’s earliest convenience.
Hotels.com main headquarters mailing address is listed below.
5400 LBJ Freeway
Dallas, Texas 75240
Customers can follow Hotels.com on their social media accounts, which are listed below.